To see the full interviews, visit our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3W1PqeFBGzK3Fyz9P8AcdA
Check out the first WorldMed newsletter for the 2011-2012 school year!
Here is a look back at our World AIDS Day 2011. Great job WorldMed team, and a big thank you to all those that supported us!
On a day marked with both sorrow for the lives lost, and a healthy optimism for what the future holds, World AIDS Day 2011 has come and gone. What can we take away from this December 1st? Well, for starters, we have the lofty task of adapting to the growing concerns over donor cutbacks, discrimination and stigmatization, as well as neglect both in the United States and abroad. Even previously unconsidered age groups are being exposed to it. Fortunately, we are a resourceful bunch, and have been developing proven models, reinventing old preventative approaches, optimizing the utility of funds, and pledging new funds. Persistent research and extensive health campaigns have brought both improvement and hope. And lastly, the catalyst, the engine, the fuel, is education. It unites and informs our diverse planet, in the hopes that one day, we will get to zero.
View original post 52 more words
World AIDS Day is tomorrow, December 1st, 2011!
Come join the WorldMed E-board in selling treats (red velvet cupcakes, Diddy Riese cookies, and Red Vines) to raise money for AOET in Uganda!
Looking for other ways to help, check out this site on World AIDS Day from aids.gov
Ideas from the site to help you get involved:
- Read about the White House Actions for HIV/AIDS
- Join the Facing AIDS Initiative!
- Locate HIV Testing centers and other HIV services in your area.
- Spread on social media the importance of the day. Don’t forget to hashtag #WAD2011 and #WorldAIDSDay
- Wear your red ribbon!
Other AIDS Awareness days for future reference:
- 12/1 – World AIDS Day
- 2/7 – National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- 3/10 – National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- 3/20 – National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- 5/18 – HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- 5/19 – National Asian & Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- 6/8 – Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Day
- 6/27 – National HIV Testing Day
- 9/18 – National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day
- 9/27 – National Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- 10/15 – National Latino AIDS Awareness Day