World AIDS Day is tomorrow, December 1st, 2011!
Come join the WorldMed E-board in selling treats (red velvet cupcakes, Diddy Riese cookies, and Red Vines) to raise money for AOET in Uganda!
Looking for other ways to help, check out this site on World AIDS Day from aids.gov
Ideas from the site to help you get involved:
- Read about the White House Actions for HIV/AIDS
- Join the Facing AIDS Initiative!
- Locate HIV Testing centers and other HIV services in your area.
- Spread on social media the importance of the day. Don’t forget to hashtag #WAD2011 and #WorldAIDSDay
- Wear your red ribbon!
Other AIDS Awareness days for future reference:
- 12/1 – World AIDS Day
- 2/7 – National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- 3/10 – National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- 3/20 – National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- 5/18 – HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- 5/19 – National Asian & Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- 6/8 – Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Day
- 6/27 – National HIV Testing Day
- 9/18 – National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day
- 9/27 – National Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- 10/15 – National Latino AIDS Awareness Day